Thursday, May 23, 2019

"I Have a Thing For You"

This is what Timothy's girl friend Jasmine called out to me as I was on my hands and knees last night after work cleaning the downstairs bathroom.

Side note: My mother hates that I wash floors from a "hands and knees" position. She thinks it's demeaning. I think it's the best way not to miss anything. But whatever.

A "thing for me?"

"Does Timothy know?" I called back.

I should say here that Jasmine is pretty awesome. Two nights ago, she was in the ER after getting smacked in the nose with a softball (yes, it's slightly broken), but she was up early the next day, ready for work.

Yesterday, she spent the day babysitting my granddaughters because Joshua as at work, and Amber had to accompany Ezekiel on a field trip.

She sent me photos of the fun they were having. I should add here that Jasmine's specialty is cakes, and her dream goal is to open her own bakery one day.



The girls did some baking...



Some waiting...



And sharing...

Yes, this was the "thing" Jasmine had waiting for me at the other end of the door.

What's really sweet about this, more than Jasmine engaging the girls in the kitchen, is Jasmine teaching Jessica and Riley how to be thoughtful and kind.

Wouldn't you agree?



No comments: