Thursday, December 6, 2018

BryonySeries Throwback Thursday: Two Links and a Prayer for the Feast of St. Nicholas

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Two Links and a Prayer for the Feast of St. Nicholas

To help you celebrate the Feast of St. Nicholas, I've included two links.

One is a story I wrote about St. Nicholas for last Thursday's Herald-News. This has been on my story wish list for a long time. Since our photo editor couldn't find appropriate at for the story, I asked Daniel to don our costume and pose for a photo.

http://www.theherald-news.com/2016/11/28/a-look-at-the-saint-who-inspired-santa-claus/aeqnmx5/


This second link is the prayer our family has used for the blessings of candy canes, modified to include all the contents of our St.Nicholas stockings before we partook of them. My copy of Prayers for the Domestic Church, over thirty years old, is now in tatters, but it's heartening to know I can purchase a fresh copy on Amazon.

http://www.stnicholascenter.org/pages/blessing-candy-canes/

No comments: