Wednesday, September 5, 2018

2nd At-Home Writing Retreat Day No. Two

How can one feel productive and non-productive all on the same day?

But that is how I felt by turns.

Although I modified my writing schedule somewhat (my muse lit up for more scenes than others, and I went with it), I felt on top of the game or even ahead when I noticed I forgot about one entire scene and had to rearrange the remaining ones to make room.

And then tonight, with major description left to write, I found another scene I missed. So I tacked it onto the one that follows with it for Friday afternoon and will hope for the best.

Yet...

What's left still feels doable.

I may just finish a workable draft of the fifth and final book of Before the Blood before Saturday passes into Sunday.

I'll still have to edit it all, of course. And fill in some minor pieces as I do so.

But I can do that while my editor works on the first four.

And by then I'll know if any unexpected developments will require any further adjusting of books one through four.

I can glimpse the finish line. It's been an amazing journey.

But I still have some miles left to go. Better not nap yet.




Illustration by Christopher Gleason for "Staked!" Follow him at www.artworkbytopher.com.

No comments: