Saturday, March 10, 2018

Chat With An Editor Recap

For a first event of its kind, it went well, I think.

Three writers, two book sales, one cup of coffee served (besides mine and Daniel's), and zero words written by me.

I brought my laptop, intending to work on the prequel if turnout was light, but instead spent a pleasant ninety minutes chatting with Ken McGee, a former WriteOn Joliet member and a current member of my small monthly fiction workshop.

What's really cool is that ninety-nine percent of the conversation revolved around writing, editing, book design, and self-publishing. I forgot to take Bertrand's picture or a picture of the table. Honestly, I could have asked Daniel to talk a picture of Ken (head thump to me).

It's an event I'll definitely be repeating again. If you're interested and missed it, watch for it.

And don't forget to pop into the Book Market at 2365 Plainfield Road in Joliet, which hosted the event. 

One man stopped in just because he saw the sign. Ken stopped in for the first time "to chat with an editor" and spent some time wandering the store in search of titles by a particular author (he found one).

So the odds are good you'll find something good to read, too.

Like the little green book of 1,500 jokes Daniel found (and purchased).

And then check out Ken McGee's books at https://goo.gl/D7MTdt.





No comments: