Monday, October 23, 2017

What Would a Vampire Do?

Yesterday, I posted the following to WriteOn Joliet's Facebook page:
6 Ideas to Boost Creativity this Halloween.

You can read the entire article here: http://thevisualcommunicationguy.com/2016/10/24/6-ideas-to-boost-creativity-this-halloween/

No. six read: Think of the situation as a vampire would.

Now since I write vampire fiction, I often think in terms of how vampires, or at least "my" vampires" approach situations.

But I've never thought about it generically, in my terms, as I wander through my day.

On weekend when I'm on call, I stay up way past my bedtime, in case I'm needed. Consequently, when I finally did try to sleep, my mind was too awake (figures, right?). So I decided to put the idea into action. What would a vampire do in this situation?

I imagine it'd be pretty frustrating to be lying awake in dirt well past daylight.

Except vampires don't sleep, right?

What would a vampire do, I mused. Why, he would go dormant.

So I did. And it worked.

Even the hungry cats didn't wake me up when I snoozed past their 4 a.m. breakfast time.







No comments: