Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Laboring on Labor Day

Grabbed a quick bite to eat after the plane landed Wednesday, went straight into work to get a jump on Thursday, and pretty much didn't stop until Sunday night. And I'm glad of it.

Because while this week might be rather tight (coming off vacation and a holiday), I'm not behind and right on track. I was the weekend editor anyway, so totally, totally worth it.

Yesterday I wrote far less fiction than I intended. However, I did reread through those first chapters in the final book of Before the Blood and did some light editing. After running a few errands and calling my mother on her 82nd birthday, I did some light editing and formatting of WriteOn Joliet's first anthology. And I'm right on track with the schedule I've set for that, too.

I'm also getting caught back up on my regular exercise routine, a little at a time for this old bird, but getting there, too. 

Believe it or not and for various reasons, the entire household had a similar work schedule. But we are blessed with jobs we love. For this reason, using our various for the good of others was really a fantastic way to spend Labor Day.

Even though Rebekah and I still need to unpack and stepping over suitcases is getting old.

However, all this means little housework was done since Daniel cleaned on Wednesday, which probably means I'll be rolling a little late this morning as I catch up on some much-needed cleaning. Happy Tuesday!









No comments: