Thursday, July 20, 2017

BryonySeries Throwback Thursday-Ish: A Tale of Four Cats

Because who doesn't love pictures of cats?

So the "throwback" in today's post isn't a previous post, but the opportunity to see all four cats on the same day...so why not take photos?

One of the greatest heartbreaks for any pet owner when losing a home through foreclosure (as if that isn't bad enough) is relinquishing ownership of pets when the "new" home doesn't allow for them.

We were fortunate that, during the eleven-thirtieth mark, an opportunity arose to keep most of the cats. We hadn't started out as pet owners, and how we did is a story unto itself. But we always strove to be responsible pet owners. With many rescues and shelters overflowing with more cats than they could place, the situation was bleak.

In the meantime, one cat died and one (my son's) was successfully rehomed, due to his marking issue (My cats didn't accept outsiders, sheesh. As if they didn't all start out that).

Two cats "found" their own foster homes in Morris, and how that happened is also a story unto itself. But with a family birthday celebration on July 15 (Fifty-six for me and a year for my granddaughter), I realized I could visit my other two cats.

As a little birthday present to myself, I took pictures with all four cats. Not because I'm a crazy cat lady. But to remind me how good God is, how he always provides, how he allowed me to continuing being a responsible pet owner to the same set of pets, and to stand in awe of his crazy ability to constantly widen our borders.

And now, the cats!


Frances, our original rescue kitty, who now lives at Gypsy Soul in Morris.





Hope, who now lives with a really nice family in Morris.



Faith, Hope's sister.



Midnight, mother of Faith, Hope and Charity (deceased).

No comments: