Monday, April 3, 2017

Two Benefits of Being Sick

I'm talking about sick with a fever, something I haven't had in years, but Daniel was sick, and so was Faith, so...

Benefit number one: I slept away Saturday afternoon. After I wrote a story for Monday, of course. I can't think of the last time I did that.

Benefit number two: Lying in bed and reading away a late Sunday afternoon. I can't think of the last time I did that, either.  Yed, I read, and I read quite a bit, but in such a leisurely way, probably not since childhood.

Now granted that was after getting some work done and covering an event (at an ice rink, no less, brrr...), but it felt heavenly to lie back and finally read one of those books I'd had for years and would get to "someday."

And Faith has cuddled into me most of the time, sweet and loyal kitty.

Today, I'm feeling a little better, but still running a fever, so I'm working from home. I'm keeping the pace slow and playing the odds tomorrow I'll feel better still.

At least I spared myself a couple mile walk to work in the rain!

Happy Monday. :)

No comments: