Friday, March 24, 2017

Story Round-Up: Features in The Herald-News, March 19 through March 24

Where did the week go? I feel liked I blinked and pooh! It was gone.

Today will be a long day,m so I'm working ahead on the calendars in order to cover an event this Sunday. I'm also working "on location" this Monday for two upcoming stories. Saturday, however, is reserved mostly for Before the Blood.

Also, we are hoping to FINALLY release Cornell Dyer and the Missing Tombstone this week. Just waiting to hear back from Createspace. I've also started a second Bertrand book, a "counting" book for preschoolers.

And now...

First, the non-bylined work: the health, faith, and arts and entertainment calendars. Three of them can be found at this link:. http://www.theherald-news.com/lifestyle/

Gotta Do It, runs each Sunday and often stays on the home page throughout the week.

Feature briefs for Tuesday (health), Thursday (faith), Friday (Arts and Entertainment), and Sunday (People) are also edited (texted and photos) by the lady of this blog, but only the stories have bylines.

Another option: I do post the briefs and calendars on Twitter during the week, so you're welcome to follow me at @Denise_Unland61. And of course, I post curated content relating to the BryonySeries at @BryonySeries.

Just an FYI: On free days, holidays, and Sundays I'm not on call, I only post the blog to my "real" Twitter account, as my company insists we do take time off. I'm less reasonable, so unless I'm on a real vacation, I still post to the BryonySeries accounts.

FYI: videos have not been attaching to my Herald-News stories, although they do run for a time on the home page. You may also find them under the "videos" tab.

If you'd like to watch a video, and it's not showing up for you, message me, and I'll manually attach it. No worries for this week, though, although I will have videos for Sunday.

Thank you for reading The Herald-News.


Plainfield deacon has collected nearly 7 million pop tabs for Ronald McDonald House Charities

James R. Sossong plans to collect 10 million pop tabs to help families with sick children

Sossong’s goal is to reach 10 million and then – maybe – retire from active collecting.

“I just believe God put me on this earth to help others,” Sossong said, “and most of the time, when I do things like that, I get more out of it than what I give. So I’ll probably just continue doing it."



An Extraordinary Life: Joliet woman's gift was service and she had fun doing it
Sue Klen understood the golden rule

It was Sue’s fun side that first attracted John Leeson, who married her in 2004. He’d met her while playing pool and felt immediately drawn to her playfulness, friendliness and sense of humor.

“She was a down-to-earth girl,” John said. “She didn’t put on any airs.”



Mystery Diner: Nevin's Brewing Company has top-level brews and bites

The real reason I stopped by, the beer options. They give tours and have deals throughout the week, from four options for $4 32-ounce pitchers on Sundays to $3 select drafts on Wednesdays and Thursdays and a 3 to 6 p.m. Tuesday Happy Hour.



Joliet man is celebrating the person God wants him to be
Joliet man shares story of recovery

The Rev. Gregory Thompson, a minster, preacher and teacher at The Way Church of Joliet. called Pucel “a man of faith” and one of “God’s trophies,” living proof it’s possible to stand tall after falling far.

“Even though he’s years into this [recovery] lifestyle, he still has exuberance and enthusiasm,” Thompson said. “He’s a very kindhearted, humble guy, not flashy, just down-to-earth and excited about what God is doing in his life.”

http://www.theherald-news.com/2017/03/14/joliet-man-is-celebrating-the-person-god-wants-him-to-be/ajhf1t5/


Trivia events a popular way to give back in Joliet area (VIDEO EXTRA)

But it was Rebekah who blew everyone away with her “Ooooh! Oooh” answer to the very last question: What show created the spin-off, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo?”




No comments: