Friday, February 24, 2017

Story Round-Up: Features in The Herald-News, Feb. 19 through Feb. 24

So I'm a little surprise to see the amount of stories by me this week, as I backed off on features writing to catch up on news releases and briefs.

I am somewhat caught up but not totally, although by Monday, I do hope to be over the hump. And I also plan to schedule "brief-only" weeks in the future as needed. I don't to be this far behind again.

I'm planning a late-ish night tonight for survival's sake. I have a 12-hour fast ahead of me for some blood work, and I don't do well with fasting. I'm not addicted to food, but anything past eight to ten hours makes me dizzy and disoriented. My appointment isn't until almost 8:30 so I don't want to wake too early, hoping to sleep through most of it. Wish me luck.

My Before the Blood muse kicked in nicely this week. Hope it stays running high through tomorrow.

We had one formatting issue with Cornell Dyer and the Missing Tombstone that we addressed last weekend. We're hoping to (FINALLY) upload the book one last time tomorrow. and get it published already. Wish us luck on this one, too.

Finally, a HUGE THANK YOU to the eight people who responded on Facebook willing to read and review some of my books. Seven now have copies of Bryony (one girl picked hers up in person and left hugging itand one has Bertrand and the Lucky Clover.

Anyone wishing a free copy of any of my books to review, please message me at bryonyseries@gmail.com.

And now, onward to the stories. :)

First, the non-bylined work: the health, faith, and arts and entertainment calendars. Three of them can be found at this link:. http://www.theherald-news.com/lifestyle/

Gotta Do It, runs each Sunday and often stays on the home page throughout the week.

Feature briefs for Tuesday (health), Thursday (faith), Friday (Arts and Entertainment), and Sunday (People) are also edited (texted and photos) by the lady of this blog, but only the stories have bylines.

Another option: I do post the briefs and calendars on Twitter during the week, so you're welcome to follow me at @Denise_Unland61. And of course, I post curated content relating to the BryonySeries at @BryonySeries.

Just an FYI: On free days, holidays, and Sundays I'm not on call, I only post the blog to my "real" Twitter account, as my company insists we do take time off. I'm less reasonable, so unless I'm on a real vacation, I still post to the BryonySeries accounts.

FYI: videos have not been attaching to my Herald-News stories, although they do run for a time on the home page. You may also find them under the "videos" tab.

If you'd like to watch a video, and it's not showing up for you, message me, and I'll manually attach it. No worries for this week, though, although I will have videos for Sunday.

Thank you for reading The Herald-News. 



Plainfield fitness instructor is teacher, friend cheerleader and advocate for her students' success (VIDEO EXTRA)
Zyrelkis ‘Zee’ Santiago offers more than workouts in her fitness classes

“I was overweight myself. I wasn’t always fit and healthy,” Santiago said. “Actually, I lost 90 pounds seven and a half years ago. And I was a bully victim for many years when I was younger. I always said, ‘One day, I’m going to find a way to raise my voice and inspire other people.’ I just didn’t know how.”



An Extraordinary Life: South Wilmington weekend priest loved his people and they loved him
The Rev. Matthew Mazzuchelli lived a multifaceted life of service

Debbie Wollgast, of Gardner, a lifelong member of St. Lawrence, said she and others appreciated Matthew’s down-to-earth, easy-to-understand homilies.

“When he spoke, it felt like he was sitting there with you over a cup of coffee,” Debbie said. “He spoke almost as if he read your mind and knew what you needed to hear.”



Pets of the Week: Feb. 30

Click on the caption of each photo to find out about that pet, including where he or she can be adopted.



Mystery Diner: Jody's Hot Dogs offers variety of comfort food in a '50s-style venue

Stepping through the door felt like entering the set of a remake of “Happy Days.”

http://www.theherald-news.com/2017/02/12/mystery-diner-jodys-hot-dogs-offers-variety-of-comfort-food-in-a-50s-style-venue/a9nc1o4/


Will County Coin Club to host 57th Annual Coin Show on Feb. 26


Features include 30 dealers selling a variety of coins and currency, ranging from those of the ancient Greek, Roman and Byzantine times to those seen today in the United States and throughout the world.


No comments: