Tuesday, February 14, 2017

2017 Ed Calkins Day Recap in Photos

First, me wearing my Calkins Day garb, candy bowl in hand, ready for the parade.



Next, Timothy prepares to take the parade to Indiana...



And then Daniel gets ready to take the parade to Joliet Junior College...


The actual parade route, which ended at my work place. I left the candy bowl in the break room.










Later that night, Rebekah made Irish soda bread (sans raisins) from the BryonySeries cookbook, Memories in the Kitchen: Bites and Nibbles from "Bryony." We liked it with plenty of butter, although I'd like to experiment with a less sweet version.


I didn't get to the limerick (bummer), but Timothy said several people stopped him at Land O'Frost, where he works as a corporate chef, to wish him a "Happy Calkins Day!"

All in all, a delightful vigil to Valentine's Day!

And did I say the cookbook is a fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Will and Grundy Counties? No? Yes! Buy yours here at www.bryonyseries.com.

Tomorrow: A video of the parade route.







No comments: