Saturday, October 8, 2016

Plainfield Indie Author Fair Recap

First of all, kudos to the Plainfield Public Library District for running a terrific event!

I've done a number of these since I first published Bryony in 2011, the approach worked well: one hour for an author panel, one hour for the fair, and done.

No standing around for hours with other authors waiting for people to come. I shared information writing and publishing information; sold five books; and gave gave away fifteen copies of Snowbell, Halloween stickers, promo cards Timothy made for me regarding the first books in the Adventure of Cornell Dyer and Bertrand the Mouse series; and fielded interest about WriteOn Joliet.

All in two amazing hours, giving me enough time to stop by the Book Market in Joliet (where four of us WriterOnes are having a signing on Oct. 22) to give the owner some copies of my books for her display.

Best of all, I still have time to write today. Have a fantastic weekend!






So Rebekah creates a beautiful display and then ducks out of the photo, sheesh. :(




Rebekah's display up close - which shows the art of Christopher Gleason (Snowbell) and Sue Midlock (Cornell Dyer), as well  the Bertrand and Cornell cards Timothy created for me.

No comments: