Monday, August 1, 2016

Sick Day

Friday I left work early (early for me).

I hadn't felt well the last couple of days, but didn't actually realize I was sick. Sometimes, I get too busy to pay close attention. Everything seemed hard, and I kept making mistakes. I had a very full Saturday, and I figured a couple of hours in front of Before the Blood before bedtime was just the boost I needed.

However, the most I accomplished was rereading through previously written material as my mind wouldn't stay focused. I tried working out and stopped one exercise shy (no energy). So I showered and settled down to watch two episodes of BoJack Horseman with Daniel. I fell asleep. As I trudged up to bed, I had this realization in my foggy brain: maybe I'm sick.

By morning, it was obvious. I was sick.

So I caneled all my obligations for the day, rested, and fiddled with the novel. I felt somewhat better yesterday and spent a few moments rereading through Saturday's additions. I actually accomplished more than I had thought, so that part felt good. This morning, I'm tired and getting up was difficult, but I'm on the mend.

It's been weeks since I spent a dedicated day in my imagination. I guess even getting sick has its benefits.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

No comments: