Tuesday, July 12, 2016

My Play List (So Far) for Henry's Story in BTB

It's funny about play lists, at least for me.

The songs, usually, have nothing to do with the storyline. What happens is that a word, a line, a melody, the cadence, will sound or "feel" like a character, story arc, chapter, etc. and unleash a stream of ideas.

In fact, until I find the song for a particular chapter, etc., the ideas don't come. And when I DO find that song or those songs, I play them over and over and over and over and over, for days, weeks, and sometimes months, until I've written that section and hit the next dry spell.

So here's the current play list for Henry's story in Before the Blood:. If you were to pull my earplugs out during my morning power walk, the odds are good one of these songs is playing.

It's an odd mix of music. Just so you know.








No comments: