Tuesday, October 20, 2015

No-Excuse Writing

Read this quote by "unknown" over the weekend: You always have time for the things you put first.

Don't have time to write? Put it first.

I have found that when I place the things I need/want to do at the end of my day, the day gets away from me. The things I want/need to do are long, and the days (it seems) are short.

So, I have reprioritized and altered my day. It's Day Two of spending a little time with the Before the Blood before I turn to the obligations. Enjoyable obligations, you understand, but obligations.

Certainly, I don't have time to sink myself into the pages. But I can make some progress every morning. I did yesterday, and I did today.

No time to write? We all have the same twenty-four hours. How we choose to spent it is up to us.

Much can be accomplished over time by judiciously using small increments of time. The fabled tortoise knows this as truth.

On weekends when I'm not on call, I can sprint.

The rest of the time, I'll just have to inch my way through. 

Either way, I'm going to write. How about you?

No comments: