Sunday, October 25, 2015

Minding the Shop

Busy weekend - the weekend editor for two newspapers, some of my own work that spilled into the weekend, and catching up on bills and other mundane chores/errands that keep getting pushed back for lack of time.

But my plan this morning is to leave shortly for church (We will miss next week for lack of transportation) and work on four things I really need to have done before tomorrow, if I don't want Monday to be stressful. And hopefully I will be able to help with a bit of the daily housework instead of pushing it all onto Rebekah and Daniel (again).

Although, on the other hand, they often are good about it, since that means I can spend an hour or so engaged with them. But still...

Doesn't sound like a great weekend to you?

Well, here's the deal.

It's been productive. It's not every weekend. And I totally adore this job.

Furthermore, I worked a portion of a scene in Before the Blood that just wasn't coming together. I began the last one in a very long chapter five. Now, I won't get that finished, but I'm hoping to break that final scene into "homework" sections and assign them to various weekday mornings, so I come into next weekend with chapter five complete.

Sounds like a great weekend to me.


No comments: