Monday, October 5, 2015

Determined to Find the Time

One might think that a narrowed field of interest would guarantee plenty of time to pursue those interests, but alas! That is not the case at all.

The challenge, I believe, stems from a passion to fully develop and perfect those interests, which requires copious amounts of time. Moreover, those interests so absorb me that I count months and years the way others count hours and days. Where does the time go?

Somehow, some way, I need to carve some fiction-writing into my days. One day a week isn't cutting it.

But I love the job, too, and get caught up in it. I want to do the "one more thing" here and "a touch more here." Feature-writing appeals to my strong sense of ministry and serving others, of getting local people's information out there and sharing inspiring stories with readers.

The older me feels a stronger commitment to my exercise regime than the younger version ever had, so no compromising here. The domestic me wants not only a clean house, but a cozy one, so those living with me, as well as me, can find preace and rest.

My weekdays look like this: prayer, exercise, work, housework, exercise, and prayer (with interaction with loved ones mingled in the mix).

BUT...

The creative me shouts out for more expression!

Crap.

I have twenty-four hours like everyone else. Somehow, I need to figure this out.

No comments: