Sunday, August 2, 2015

Potato Biscuits


These remind me of the potato dumplings my Grandma Jecmen used to make. Now that I have a home again, I think I'll try these. :)


Potato Biscuits

Adapted from Miss Beecher’s domestic receiptbook: designed as a supplement to her Treatise on domestic economy.

12 potatoes

2 teaspoons salt
Milk
½ teacup yeast
Flour
1 cup butter
Extra butter for greasing pans

Pare potatoes, boil, and mash fine with salt. Put all through a colander. Mix the potatoes and milk, and yeast and flour to mold them well. Then work in butter. When risen, mold them into small cakes, then let them stand in buttered pans, 15 minutes before baking.


From "Memories in the Kitchen: Bites and Nibbles From 'Bryony'"

All proceeds benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Will and Grundy Counties. www.bbbswillgrundy.org.


No comments: