Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Matter of Art

I'm seriously considering dropping the chapter heading illustrations in Before the Blood.

It's not that I don't like them, but sixty-two pieces is A LOT of work to ask someone to produce for free.

Over the past year, I've had a couple of volunteers and even sent sample chapters out, but no one picture has come back, and I'm not surprised. People are busy, and to create this much art for a low-key project,well, it's selfish of me to even consider it.

Now the book is not quite halfway written, so I don't expect to need the art for another eighteen months or so. But let me repeat: its SIXTY-TWO pieces. Chapter art is a luxury I may have to forsake this time.

Or I'd better learn to draw, fast.

On the other hand, I've seen some cover prototypes that look extremely promising.

Which means I'd better produce a book worthy of that art.

No comments: