Monday, February 16, 2015

Why I Didn't Record It

With images becoming more important to media of all types, I thought back today to Christmas Day 2014, when our church traditionally gathers in the small hall after liturgy to sing Christmas carols.

As we began singing in the kitchen (less of us every year, and that is where the coffee is) i started to instinctively reach for my phone to record it. Then I stopped.

Sometimes, it's simply more important to enjoy the moment than to capture it. Next year, I might feel differently, wish I had, and then record it. Certainly, I'm happy I have photo albums full of pictures I snapped through the years of special and ordinary days, especially during those years I was raising a houseful of children.

But this past time, I just wanted to be part of it, instead of the onlooker preserving it. Not every moment is a Kodak moment or even (GASP!) and Facbook or Snapchat moment.

Just a thought...

No comments: