Sunday, December 14, 2014

Yep, Story Links Went by the Wayside Again

And yep, I really do suck at self-promotion.

It's been a wonderfully busy weekend. What little is left will be spent writing, not hunting for links.

I'm thinking I'll do it (hopefully) tomorrow...evening...

But on a writerly point of view, Kellen's portion of Before the Blood is shaping up nicely. I have less done than I had hoped, but what I've written is better done than I had realized. I also didn't take into account the tremendous amounts of reading and research that has gone into Kellen's story thus far.

And on a publishing point of view, I met with an illustrator today for the first book in The Adventures of Cornell Dyer spin-off series. She sketched a concept for a branding logo (I like!), and then did some extremely rough drafts for the front and back covers, as as the cover for book #2 in the series. We also discussed twelve chapter heading images.

There was also church and not one, but two dinners to attend, a memorial one at church, the one-year anniversary of the death of our friend and Pearl Harbor survivor.

www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/east-chicago/pearl-harbor-shaped-hammond-man-s-life/article_88402b81-5cfd-58d0-8861-6393d572eeba.html

The other is an annual dinner with Rebekah. More on this tomorrow.

The result is that I am very full, too full, I think, for working out tonight.

Boy, did I drink an awful lot of coffee today.

I didn't have the weekend I'd planned. But I definitely had a very nice weekend.


No comments: