Friday, September 19, 2014

Stalled

So the great plans for Friday's page are stalled, mostly due to lack of time to pursue (for now). I may return to story links, simply because there's nowhere else to post them, and, quite honestly, I forget to post them on the other days. Strange how the various components of my writing world stay separate and distinct in my mind.

At last check-in with Sarah, she had redone the formatting for Staked! up to page 164. I used to wonder why a traditional publishing house needed a year and a half to two years to publish a book once it's accepted. I wonder no more.

The first book of The Adventures of Cornell Dyer, as well as the first Bertrand book are also in limbo, both due to art. Three artists expressed interest in Cornell. but nothing tangible came of it, despite some initial images last fall.

I've considered skipping the art, but Sarah insists we need it - for consistency with the other books, if nothing else - and I suppose she is correct. Furthermore, I can't forgo cover art, so...

The art for Bertrand was supposed to be photographic images, but I lost Bertrand in the move, although I'm sure he's somewhere.

So what's a writer to do? Keep writing, of course. The weekend is almost here, which means I'll be pecking away at the prequel.

And mentally considering how to move the other titles forward.

No comments: