Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Some Cool Vampire Art, Story Links (Finally), and Back to Work

Talk about resolve going out the window!

Yesterday, at the very least, I was going to keep up with email, edit briefs, and post Thursday's budget. Needless to say, I did none of the above, and I am now very much behind. At last glance, I think I have 400 emails (head THUNK).

I did, however, have an awesome day off, and made some nice progress on chapter 7. (smile).

It's been a week since I've posted story links, so those are below...along with some very cool vampire art. Enjoy!



Joliet Junior Women's Club to host dinner in cornfield at Siegels Cottonwood Farm

At night. With a bonfire. And a s'mores station. And corn right from the field. All for charity.



Minooka man brings joy of summer camp to foster children

Former foster father and school superintendent does more than provide swimming and crafts.



Keeping customers happy for 50 years

After fixing a loose tube in an amp for a shop owner, this Manhattan man embarked on a career of building and repairing guitars...and he's still going strong. Cool video by Chris LaFortune, too. Check it out! :)



Joliet's Brothers of Soul celebrates 40 years

Interviewed these guys in person. Boy, did I have fun talking to them! :) They are more than just about the ride. Read on!



She lit up a room

Talk about true love. This story inspired me to the depth of my soul. So thankful to Bill Warren for sharing it.



Local fire departments receive donatinos of pet oxygen masks from Invisible Fence Brand

Most have not had to use them...yet. But they will make a difference if that happens. Here's why.



Three area women share individual experiences with brain tumors
By Jeanne Millsap

None of which are alike.



JJC to host second farm to fork dinner featuring locally grown food

Outside again, with the opportunity to meet the farmers that produced the food that will be on your plate.

No comments: