Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Rebuttal to "Creative People Are..."

So I saw this post on Facebook that listed traits of creative people. Like many artists, I consider myself creative (somewhat, I guess, and yet, I didn't really see myself in the list of traits. These were:

1) Easily bored. I am rarely bored. However, I do tend to place myself in situations I enjoy. When not possible, I find a connecting point. If all else fails, I daydream, always amusing. ;)

2) Risk takers. Hmmm, that's a sticking point. I'm pretty conservative where taking risks is concerned, unless  the desireis for something I really want - and feel I'm supposed to be pursing - is worth the risk, like having seven pregnancies despite medical turmoil and volunteering undergoing six Cesarean sections. Generally, though, my life is not that dramatic.

3) Color outside the lines. On the surface, I think I stay within the lines. On a deeper level, I don't see lines. See #4.

4) Think with their heart. Absolutely not. I think with the part of me that seeks the will of God. Then I strive to attain it all cost. See #2.

5) Make lots of mistakes. God, I hope not. Sincerely, I truly hope not. I do try to get it right as early in the game as possible, and, if not, correct it as quickly as possible. To prevent needless mistakes, I do study a situation/project from the back end before tackling it.

6) Hate the rules. Again, absolutely not. Many rules exist to guide us into proven means to success or the prevention of heartache. Of course, my interpretation of the rules may be different than someone else's. But that's a different notion altogether.

7) Work independently. This is true, preferable (for me), and highly enjoyable.

8) Change their mind a lot. Nope. My values, goals, aspirations have never changed, and I mean never.

9) Have a reputation for eccentricity. As much as I jest about this one, I feel I'm, overall, fairly conservative.

10) Dream big. I don't think so. I dream realistically, well, realistic as far as God is concerned. See #4.


Grundy County Health Department offers program to help with hoarding
By Jeanne Millsap

Plus a first-hand look into the problem by a Minooka resident that's still fighting it, despite professional help.

http://www.theherald-news.com/2014/07/28/grundy-county-health-department-offers-program-to-help-with-hoarding/aircg91/

No comments: