Sunday, June 1, 2014

A Bit Remiss in Posting, Here's Why

Backed up in "real world" writing. Even ten-plus hour days (and then some, especially Friday night) hadn't rectified.

Sooooo, I spent nearly all day Saturday and into Sunday (except for one, perfectly luscious afternoon nap) catching up, and I'm very nearly there. I'm sure that will change over this next week.

Sunday afternoon, gonna meet with the fiction writers. Church is a wash - Timothy has an event he's working at the College of DuPage, so no transportation - so, if I can fall asleep soon (caffeine finally kicked in, figures, right?), I'll spend Sunday morning writing fiction, the afternoon in a meeting, and the evening gearing up for a new work week and watching Once Upon a Time with Rebekah (as we are far, far behind in that, too).

However, I do have nearly one hundred and fifty emails to plow through, and a couple minor issues to rectify with Staked! (You know, the novel we had planned to release six months ago, SIGH!), at least according to the email Sarah Stegall sent me over a week ago.

Oh, yeah, and the minor pieces of information that needed handling in the last two chapters of Before the Blood.

Somewhat disappointed, yes, but not overwhelmingly so, because I love this job, so spending the weekend working it isn't depressing, just, well, not the plans I would have preferred.

Maybe next weekend?

No comments: