Saturday, May 10, 2014

Moving Day

I'm interrupting my regularly scheduled "Ed Calkins, Steward of Tara, all Things Irish" regular type of Saturday post to announce that, by the end of today, I and my three youngest kids (all of whom are now adults, 18-23) and two of my furballs will be somewhat transitioned into a two-bedroom apartment within walking distance to my work, a Wal-Mart (food, medicine, and other essentials), our vet, a quick care, a pharmacy, a gas station, and a hospital.

In short, all the conveniences within hoofing distance for one that has no car.

Although I'm not abdicating my homeless status (that's not an explanation for here), I am rather excited, because it means I can eat when and where I wish, shower when I wish, do laundry when I wish, cuddle with my cats -- in short, obtain the necessities of life without interfering and upsetting the lives of others.

Later today, I'm hoping to do two things. One is to walk to work, so I know exactly how much time to leave in the morning. The second is to plot a daily, power walk course, break in new ground, so to speak, a new territory for freeing my mind and releasing that creative muse, for yes, I still do walk with notepad and pen.

Ed Calkins would probably write a bad limerick for it, so I guess this post IS about him, after all.

I cannot wait...

No comments: