Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Frances is Back and It's All Because I Wrote "Bryony"

Well, okay, it's a bit of a stretch, but just a small one.

Last fall, a friend asked if he could pass my name onto his cousin, who was also writing a novel with Victorian themes. She and I spent a delightful ninety minutes on the phone discussing cool topics like post-mortem photography and have since kept in contact via Facebook.

So when she called last night as I was readying for bed, I hestitated before answering, for between a long day at work and feeling miserable about Frances, well, I felt too depleted for any substantial conversation. The altruistic side of me kicked in pretty quickly, and I answered the phone.

She said, "Good news!"

I said, "You finished your book?"

She said, "I think my cousin has your cat."

Long story short, Frances had wandered into her cousin's shop--located on the ground floor of Joshua's apartment building--on Saturday. The shop owner took good care of Frances and a photo of Frances and then posted it on Facebook. My writerly friend saw it and my blog and then called me.

Turns out Joshua even knew the shop owner. She not only gets visitation with Frances (she fell in love with her; how could she not?), I now have one very good reason for browsing through her shop, which I've wanted to do for awhile, as it looks very interesting.

Curious? Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/GypsySoul-Unique-Worldly-Goods-New-Old/164131680305259?fref=photo

No comments: