Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Guess What Nifty Social Media Trick I Learned?

How to set  a timer for posts.

Don't laugh.

Part of my role as the rotating "on call" editor for The Herald-News is posting stories to Facebook. Before I started my first weekend, my editor, Kate Schott, walked me through the process.

Now most of it was familiar because of co-managing the Bryony Facebook page for several years. Imagine my surprise to learn that one can actually set up all the posts for a day (or so), schedule them to post at a certain time, and then go about other business.

So after two weekends of doing so for the newspaper, I tried it this morning for Bryony. It actually took less time to line them all up than to post periodically all day long.

So, of course, I was curious to see if blogspot offered the same feature, and...IT DID! And I found it all by myself (to the right, a little picture of a clock with the word "schedule").

No more excuses about being "too busy" or "too tired" to post. This nineteenth century author that's a product of the twentieth century has finally caught up with the twenty-first.

And BTW, this is TUESDAY'S post, which I am writing at six thirty-five on Monday evening. I am now going to schedule it for tomorrow. Let's see...what's a good time...

This is FUN!!!



 

No comments: