Monday, March 31, 2014

But Wait, a Commercial Break: Back to my Roots

I wanted to write today about Christopher's thirty-second birthday, not so much about the day, exactly, but, well...those ruminations will have to wait another twenty-four, or so, hours.

Because I'm caught up and ahead at work and because my editorial assistant was gone today, I received permission to work offsite today at Christopher's apartment, in Chanahon, the village where we lived for many years before foreclosure, homelessness, etc.

Christopher's apartment is down the street from our old house. It's the site of most of my freelance work this past fall and the temporary home of my four cats. Temporary is right, because Christopher and his finacee, the lovely Jennifer Blades, well, they have some exciting news to share. And I'll wait until I'm free to share it.

In the meantime, interspersed with already scheduled interviews and deadlines, I cuddled the cats--and Faith sat on the back of my chair for old times sake, even though it was a kitchen chair and not my old office chair, which is probably still sitting in the abandoned attic--and walked the old route, the streets where I mourned lost love, mentally wrote several books, rejoiced in heart desires come true, reflected on the past and present and made plans for the future...oh, so many things!

The weather was mild; the breeze blew through me, adding to the exhilaration, and the sun shone warm. God is good; life is good.


No comments: