Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Going Forward

I'd never heard that phrase until Shaw Media hired me as features editor for The Hearld-News on January 15, but I have since heard it many times and now even say it (a lot).

Seeing as my blog posting has been rather uneven during job training--and I have management training in Elgin today--here's where life is at with books, business, and the rest of life.

*  Story round-up: I will try to locate past stories by titles this weekend, but if I don't the past week's postings will be up. The problem was reading the entire story, as parts would be blocked out. A reader contacted me yesterday wondering how to "unblock" it, and my editor provided the answer. For now, the problem is with certain browsers, and The Herald-News is trying to fix it. For now, if there's a problem reading a story, try opening the page in Firefox, Safari, or Chrome. Those seem to be working fine.

Staked!: I gave it another read-through (aloud) this weekend, as Tom Hernandez, the author that wrote its forward, had noted a number of typos. It is now back to Sarah Stegall, who is finally ready to insert art. She has finished the cover, I believe, so it should be ready to send to Cal Graphics for completion.

Work: Except for reading Staked! and going to church, I worked another weekend.

*  We actually made it to church this weekend! Snow, sickness, and car troubles prevented most Sundays so far this year.

And that, folks, is about it. Learning the nuances of the new job is gobbling up all my time, except for some conversations with the people closest in my life. I really want to quickly master it and then execute it well, so please be patient with me in the interim.

 

No comments: