Monday, December 2, 2013

Getting Back in the Swing of It

I did it. I actually did it.

I took almost four days off this Thanskgiving holiday, the first time I've had off in two years. That was also a Thanksgiving weekend, and I had worked on the first edits for Visage.

Now granted I did not meet my goal of spending all four days writing fiction. I had assignments from Wednesday that bled into the evening and then into Thursday morning. Most of Thursday was spent with family and friends.

Friday, however, and a good chunk of Saturday, I did go to Munsonville. I had a, what I thought, do-able homework list for Before the Blood that I hoped to complete before I returned to the "real" writing on Monday.

Ha!

Okay, the list was a bit ambitious, so I'm refining my goals for writing this thing. However, since I have definitely sunk my teeth into it, it's safe now from being forgotten on the back burner. An unexpected and tragic death Saturday cut short the writing time due to the muse packing up and going home. And that's okay because, well, life does happen.

Friday was spent on general catching up of everything else I had let go, including getting my St. Nicholas shopping done (more on that later). I tumbled into bed--late--without writing a blog. So to make up for it, today I'm writing two. Before the day is out (I hope), I'll update everyone on my progress thus far, as well as where we are at with Staked!, Cornell Dyer and the Missing Tombstone and Bertand and the Lucky Clover.

Y'all have a great day!

No comments: