Friday, October 25, 2013

2013 Witches Night Out

This was a fabulous night to remember on so many levels. Here's why:

* I was part of the marketing team for this year's event. I wrote press releases specifically geared to five different publications, as well as a public service announcement for Next Media; I participated in two radio interviews, one in person and one via phone; I helped coordinate coverage for another newspaper; and I cross marketed WriteOn Joliet with the event, as four of us read supernatural stories throughout the evening to an often full little theater in the Joliet Historical Museum, which connected to the Joliet Junior College Renaissance Center, the even't location. Marketing on this level was very new to me, and I'm exceedingly thankful for the opportunity.

*  With the exception of WriteOn Joliet, this was the first public reading of Snowbell, and, despite its length (10,000 words), the story launched to a full house, with only one woman getting up and leaving before it was done--and one spellbound woman moving up to the front next to me.

*  I got to spend an evening with just Rebekah--opportunities that will soon become slim as she is now both a JJC student and employee--and heard the lovely comments of, "You two look just like sisters!"

*  We had the opportunity to sell and promote BryonySeries products. :)

*  There's nothing like dressing up all crone-ike and watching a thousand women in similiar dress wander about a gothic-like structure. I can't wait for next year!

I'll post the photo of Rebekah and me later. The computer I'm working on today won't let me upload it. :(






No comments: