Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ever Have One of Those Days....

....where the list of "to do's" is much larger than the list of "ta da's?"

Today's recording session for Bryony, the audio book, was cancelled due to construction work in the studios, which was fine with me. I'm sitting on a ton (a bit of an exaggeration) of assignments, and I'm behind on Visage and home projects, as well (My filing tray will testify to the veracity of that statement).

Add to the list a number of unrelated and ongoing incident of crisis proportions, and well....

So as I'm sitting here in my attic office, summoning the muse of great and sublime words to fill my blog, I suddenly realize I'm enjoying the pause instead of despairing my lack of lofty inspiration. The breeze coming through the window is just cool enough, and only a distant hum of a lawnmower is breaking the otherwise silence and stillness of a house devoid of most of its inhabitants, at least for the next few weeks.

It's a lovely sunny day. I'm grabbing my headphones and heading outside for a walk. Good-bye, for now, oh work. You and I will catch up in about ninety minutes. Have a good rest.

No comments: