Monday, March 19, 2012

It's Gonna Be an Interesting "Bryony" Week; Hope I can Keep Up

Latest news around Munsonville:

9 p.m. - midnight, March 20: Recording of the Bryony audiobook commences at the University of St. Francis sound department. Two membrs of the Christian rock group Daniel's Window (www.danielswindow.com) have branched out into the audiobook business and, several months ago, approached me about producing an audio version of Bryony.

After some info exchanges (the manuscript for voice recordings), we struck an agreement. A bonus with the audio book not found in print: the audio book will contain music clips from the official Bryony CD, The Best-Loved Compositioins of John Simons, by James Onohan (www.jamesonohan.com). And yes, I will be posting updates about this project.

March 23, 24, 25: Bryony will have a booth at Westfield Mall in Joliet (formerly Louis Joliet Mall) as part of the Heartland Creative Arts & Crafts show. If you haven't purchased your copy yet, stop out and see us. If you have, then you might enjoy a "Bryony" 100 percent soy candle. Your choice of five scents! For more candle information, visit Valerie's Heavenly Scents (http://valeriesheavenlyscents.com/).

Of course that means EARLY deadlines for me (huff and puff), since one entire workday will be spent at the mall. It also means, unless I can get super creative at night after the show, a third week without tacking the editing on Visage (Believe me, I'm trying to get it done), although I'm thinking I'm being a little ambitious here.

My goal, remember, when writing the BryonySeries was to get the story out of my head, share it with anyone interested in reading it, and have fun. So far, we're at three out of three, oh yeah!


No comments: