Saturday, March 3, 2012

Ed Calkins Reports on the First Outdoors "Calkins Day" Parade...and Gives a Nod to "Bryony"

Dear MOMI (Mistress of My Immortality):

It was a long holiday season with the release of THE book running into Christmas and the of course, Calkins Day, which saw its first out door parade. I, because of my duties connected to newspaper delivery, was unable to attend, but my wives (current count is eight), most of whom are teachers that had the day off, assured me that they conducted it at three a.m.

They started at Resurrection Cemetery and processed down the middle of Archer Ave, past the distribution center in Rockdale, and ended, twelve hours later, at the Desplaines River. I was disappointed and confused by the lack of press converge... Maybe next year.

Anyway, I tried to organized a extended family group discussion of THE book in January. The problem was, with so much to celebrate, nobody had finished it yet (including me), but I have a good reason. I’m carefully search within the text justification of Calkins Day.

Even my wives are only through the first three-fourths, (excluding the wife I sleep with, who enjoyed the whole book in two days and is currently rereading to keep up with my insights). Anyway, I've giving my inner circle till St Patty's to read. We will hold the discussion on that day. I'll report back on what was said.

Ed Calkins, the Steward of Tara


No comments: