Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"Bryony," Two Reviews

"I enjoyed 'Bryony' immensely. The mixture of the past and present was fascinating. Another of my favorite things about this novel was its sheer originality. Many vampire stories have the same tired feel to them, but John was a completely unique character with an entirely individual method of 'enchanting' both Melissa and Bryony. John was wonderful, and I immediately fell in love with him. The only thing that would have been better was if I could hear him play!"

Casey Rae Garcia, former Paperchase Supervisor, Borders Books Music & Cafe, Oak Brook, Illinois

"I really enjoyed Bryony because it wasn't like any other vampire book I've ever read before. I can't wait to introduce this novel to my TEFL students. This book is awesome because it provides a true, stark look into the world of vampires while providing lush imagery of the romantic, Victorian era then coming back around to real life in nineteen seventies America. There is so much teaching material I could use in this book, from the radical glimpses into history to the inspiring lines of poetry. I know my students will enjoy this novel as much as I did!”

Andrea Hinz, English as a foreign language teacher.






No comments: