Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Whole Package Deal

For several weeks I have been talking back and forth with George Kosack of Kosacks Black Tie Formal Wear, in Joliet, IL. He was very knowledgeable in 19th century styles and willing to help Big Brothers Big Sisters of Will and Grundy County in any way.

"Anything in the store you need, let me know," George said last month. After a local college donated many costume items and The P. Seth Magosky Museum of Victorian Life donated canes, jackets, and top hats, we were almost set, just short a few jackets and vests.

I went into Kosacks last night and was pleasantly greeted by Andy. After explaining who I was and what I needed he was all business. He quickly paired items and brought out jackets. Timothy Baran, who is playing Henry, a 19th century dandy, was very excited to see his look come together. "I could just live here," he gushed. After another look he proclaimed, " I would dress like this every day if I could, even if I have nowhere to go!"

I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning because I'm the one picking up the items today that Andy stayed and pressed last night. I urge anyone reading this to check out Kosacks Black Tie Formal Wear online to view their selections. They rent for many occasions with several styles. Last night's experience was genuinely filled with more than I could have hoped for. If you pick Kosacks, you aren't just getting a tux, you are getting a whole experience. Look for Kosacks Banner at Vampfest!

No comments: