Monday, October 3, 2011

Cold or Allergies? Dulcinea Might Have Been Right.

Before dawn on Saturday, my publicist, Dulcinea Hawksworth, called me for an impromptu VampFest meeting. I had woken up congested, which, because I have asthma, food and seaonal allergies, and chronic hives, I attributed to something suspicious in the pizza I had eaten the previous night.

"Sounds like you've got a cold," Dulcinea said.

Forgetting also I have major throat and soft palate itching at a cold's onset, too, I insisted, "No, it's allergies."

I grew more tired as the day lengthened, and I muddled through just half of the work I had reserved for my Saturday. Far too soon, I weakly waved the white flag, showered, and went to bed, confident that an "early to bed" would mean an extra-early rising, which should be plenty of time to complete the tasks I had forsaken.

I awakened nine hours later to a sore throat and general body aches. I chastised my weakness as I fed the cats and made the coffee, and I find myself doing the same psyche-kicking this morning.

As usual, I have a full week planned, but less than a fraction of energy to accomplish it, although I'm cheering inside that my first deadline of the day has been successfully met. Well, it's early.

Today on the list: a church anniversary story to complete and follow-up phone calls for stories regarding a local sound artist, student ambassadors, parent coaching, and concussion treatment.

But first, I will pack up my "Bryony" displays, costume, makeup, and jewelry, then head over to the P. Seth Magosky Museum of Victorian Life in Joliet, where we shot the "Bryony" trailer and music video.

A digression: We are releasing the trailer on Wednesday, hurray!

At the mansion, a photographer from the Morris Herald will be taking a few pictures for an October 11 "Bryony" story. Then it's off to the warehouse, along with Rebekah and my backpack, for cleaning and writing.

Hoping the coffee kicks in soon!

No comments: