Monday, August 22, 2011

An Unexpected Blessing

Today, I received quite the blessing, which I was unprepared to receive.

The incidentals are unimportant, but it has left me feeling humbled and protected and, for now, staunchly prepared to face a financially uncertain future, confident that the God of the universe will continue to care for us, through the kind and generous people He places in our paths.

While I was absorbing this, a funny thing happened on the way to an important meeting. En route, I had lost my only pen, and I needed that pen. I had no means or opportunity to procure another. Then I stumbled upon a brand-new pen on the sidewalk.

Coincidence?

For those who believe in God, we often praise His omnipotence, but worry needlessly over our daily bread. Today, I received a firm lesson that God knows our needs and provides for them, whether that need is for crumbs or for the entire loaf.

No comments: