Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Most Profitable Conversation

First meeting this morning: 4:30 a.m., and a darn good meeting it was, too.

Back in January, I noticed the Bryony team needed another member. I prayed for guidance, asked God to please deliver, and even checked out a few possiblities, then waited to see if those doors would open or close.

A few weeks ago, someone I had not considered for the role knocked on my virtual door and made the inquiry. Now, although nothing is official yet--since some of it hinges on his finishing Bryony (He's read one-third and likes it so far, but it's early....) and deciding for sure if that's a project for him--we've had one dynamic meeting and a couple of productive phone calls, including the one a few hours ago.

So why am I considering someone I had not approached?

1) He brings some interesting marketing qualities to the table.

2) He's interested in collaborating with the existing Bryony team members.

3) He's followed the Bryony website, blog, Facebook, etc., etc., etc., and so was already familiar with the project.

4) He's proactive. We have a "maybe" deal, but he has already sent out feelers and done some homework.

5) Lastly...and to me, most importantly...he came with three qualities only God could have arranged which, when put together, form something greater than a coincidence. No matter how prepared he was to list the reasons why we should work together, he couldn't have contrived this last. (No, I'm not saying, either, but they concern details from the third book in the Bryony series, first draft completed over a year ago).

Basically, here's how I work. If an opportunity feels like it's coming from God, I trust Him enough to take a chance. If I'm wrong, He'll slam the window shut and open another. God's plan is worth a a few pinched fingers.

"The LORD sees not as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart." Samuel 16:7.



No comments: