Monday, June 13, 2011

The IVA is Angry!

Thus, I tried to calm down a frantic Ed Calkins.

"What is the IVA?" I asked, balancing the phone on my ear so I can finish the dishes.

"It's a secret."

A secret?

"Ed, then why should I care...."

"And they're demanding the immediate release of Bryony."

I rinsed a plate. "Bryony is still going through editing."

"The IVA said it's taking too long."

"Has the IVA ever edited a book?"

Silence.

"Look, Ed, if you really want to read it, send back the release, already, and I'll give you the manuscript."

"I don't want to read the manuscript. I want to buy the book."

"And so you shall...when it's ready."

Since Ed is a featured vampire in Bryony, I can understand his impatience. It's not everyday someone signs off his identity for supposed fame. Certainly, two years later, I'd be a little bit curious how someone fictionalized me (Of course, I wouldn't sign off my identity, either, but that's another story).

I can also understand the impatience of those fans who have been following the process. The only information I have from the publisher is a vague "later this year." I know those are hard words to hear, but turning out a good book takes time.

Meanwhile, I want to know what the IVA is and on whose authority it's making demands. Ed has promised to supply the answer.

On Saturday.



No comments: