Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tinkey's Goldfish

Tinkey’s Goldfish is the title of the first book in a series of positive children’s reading material a writer acquaintance of mine, Serena Diosa, is hoping to create (She self-published the first book in 2009).

Writing objectives aside, Diosa’s ultimate goal is to offer a website full of quality children’s reading material from a variety of authors, perhaps even posting short stories children can read for free.

I find her aspiration and her steps toward it intriguing because, as a homeschool mother of six, a former Sunday School director and youth leader, I gravitate toward projects that support and affirm young people.

So, I “fanned” the Tinkey’s Goldfish Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-beginning-of-Tinkeys-Goldfish-childrens-book-series/259815391263?v=wall to keep up with Diosa’s progress.

That’s when I learned Serena just doesn’t merely encourage reading, but writing, too, by offering suggestions to start the words flowing.

Some of her ideas were though-provoking for me, too, so I clicked onto “New Document:” and began writing. I’ll share the results with you over the next few Sundays. Maybe, it will get someone else thinking (and typing), too.

No comments: