Wednesday, January 5, 2011

An Unusual Source for Inspiration

Yesterday, a friend posted a great idea for 2011: offer a free service or handmade item to the first five people who comment on the post. I condered what I might present in return (my talents are slim) and posted the following:

Pay it forward 2011: I promise to write an original, short story (fiction or non-fiction, your choice, your topic) to the first 5 people who leave a comment here. However, to be eligible, you must repost this status, offering something to 5 other people. The rules are that it must be handmade (or a service) by you and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011.

What's neat about this Pay it forward suggestion is that, hopefully, I can write something entertaining, inspirational, etc. to those who commented while, at the same time, stretching my brain to write about topics that might not have otherwise occured to me. Also, friends can experience and appreciate the gifts of others. What a beautiful way to celebrate the new year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A simply wonderful idea!