Thursday, January 27, 2011

If I Were Melissa, I Would Have Starved

A picture is definitely worth a thousand groans. Watching the Supersizers Go Victorian series is really bringing Melissa's culinary experiences to life for me. It's one thing to imagine a calves head sitting on your table, but seeing it makes me want to flee back to the twentieth century, at least until after mealtime. Another surprise was the tinned meat. Some appeared on Bryony's breakfast tray, but I had envisioned it looking more like Spam (yuck), not the jellied mass in the video. However, had it been true Spam, Melissa, being a child of the '70s, probably would have recognized it and not been so revolted. I used to be open-minded about trying new recipes (barring allergies), but now, I'm not sure. How adventurous are you with unusual foodstuffs?

No comments: