Monday, November 29, 2010

Social Media and Books Sales

This is not a "How to Market Your Book Using Social Media" post.

Hear ye! Hear ye! The Bryony Facebook page does not exist for the purpose of persuading people to buy my book.

GASP!

It’s a place to let people know when it will be out there and that, before and after the book’s release, we can have fun peeking at the illustrations, reading book quotes, submitting recipes for the Bryony cookbook, and engaging in light banter through the quirky posts.

Of course, there will be updates about Bryony's progress and information on how to get the book once it's published, but I will not bug you about buying it.

Heck, I didn't even create the page.

Yes, I do mention Bryony on my personal Facebook page, but only because the process of creating this book is part of me and what I do. My postings, however, don't obsess on the book because there is more happening in my life than Bryony (If only life could be that simple). My posts vary, depending on the day's events and what I find interesting (sad, funny, annoying, exhilarating) that day.

Now, I DO find Bryony interesting, and the Bryony site is one of the first pages I visit in the morning while eating breakfast. However, since I’m not the one posting on that page, I click onto it as a “fan,” too, wondering what I will find there today.

No comments: