Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Family and Friends Loved It

Authors will often judge the saleability of a manuscript by this criteria. Valid? Not sure.

My friends have not read Bryony, but, little by little, my family--immediate and extended-- have asked to read it. For us, it's become a cult favorite. Supportive of my efforts? Well, maybe, but that's not historically typical of my family.

While I cannot predict future sales figures for the book post-publication, my fifteen year old son Daniel best summed it as, "The book has brought the family together." Certainly we are communicating more, and that's a good thing.

To us, Bryony is already successful. That does not mean we will rest on our laurels, and throw the book's future to fate. However, I'm thrilled that the most important people in my life are one hundred percent behind this book. To me, the rest is gravy.

No comments: